Verse of the Week
Salvation Scriptures ~ Old Testament Gems of God’s Holy Word
- Don’t read over these passages too quickly……take your time and listen to what the Lord has to say to You today! Right Now! For You to see Him our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Exodus 14:13And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation (deliverance) of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever.
- II Chronicles 20:15,17And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.‘You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.”
Word Wealth @ Exodus 1:17
Feared: yare’ (yah-ray)
Strong’s: To fear, be afraid of someone or something; to stand in awe of something or someone possessing great power; to revere someone.
The verb yare’ and its derivatives occur more than 400 times. While there is some variation in the meaning of this word, its basic meaning is primarily “to be afraid.”
Exodus 3:6; Exodus 14:13; I Samuel 18:12; II Samuel 6:9
The fear of God is not a terror that He is against us or will strike without cause or warning. Rather, the fear of the Lord produces wise, healthy actions, as in the present reference (Exodus 1:17): The midwives were more afraid of angering God by destroying innocent babies than they were afraid of disobeying Pharaoh.
- Psalm 46:10 – 11Be still, and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge ~ Selah.
- Exodus 14:30So the Lord saved (delivered) Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians dead on the seashore.Deuteronomy 28:68
“And the Lord will take you back to Egypt in ships, by the way of which I said to you, You shall never see it again.’ And there you shall be offered for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you.
II Samuel 23:5
“Although my house is not so with God, Yet He has made with me an everlasting covenant, Ordered in all things and secure. For this is all my salvation and all my desire; Will he not make it increase?
- II Samuel 7:12“When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.His seed also I will make to endure forever, And his throne as the days of heaven.”
- Isaiah 55:3Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you —The sure mercies of David.
I Chronicles 16:23
Sing to the Lord, all the earth; Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.
- Psalm 96: 1 – 131 Sing to the Lord a new song; Sing to the Lord, all the earth.2 Sing to the Lord, bless His name; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
3 Tell of His glory among the nations (Gentiles), His wonderful deeds among all the peoples.
4 For great is the Lord and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But the Lord made the heavens.
6 Splendor and majesty are before Him, Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.
7 Ascribe (Give) to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Ascribe (Give) to the Lord glory and strength.
8 Ascribe (Give) to the Lord the glory of His name; Bring an offering and come into His courts.
9 Worship the Lord in holy attire; Tremble before Him, all the earth.
10 Say among the nations (Gentiles), “The Lord reigns; Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved (shaken); He will judge the peoples with equity.”
11 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; Let the sea roar, and all it contains;
12 Let the field exult, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy
13 Before the Lord, for He is coming, For He is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness And the peoples in His faithfulness.
Salvation belongs to the Lord. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah
- Psalm 28:8The Lord is their strength, And He is a saving defense to His anointed.Psalm 35:3
Draw also the spear and the battle-axe to meet those who pursue me; Say to my soul, “I am your salvation.”
- Isaiah 43:11″I, even I, am the Lord, And there is no savior besides Me.Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
That Your way may be known on the earth, Your salvation among all nations.
Our God is the God of salvation; And to God the Lord belong escapes from death.
My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits.
Surely his salvation is near to those who fear Him, That glory may dwell in our land.
The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.
Psalm 119: 155
Salvation is far from the wicked, For they do not seek Your statutes.
In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: “We have a strong city; God will appoint salvation for walls and bulwarks.
But Israel shall be saved by the Lord With an everlasting salvation; You shall not be ashamed or disgraced Forever and ever.
Thus says the Lord:
“Keep justice, and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come, And My righteousness to be revealed.”
Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, Neither wasting (devastation) nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, And your gates Praise.
For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace (keep silent), And for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest, Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness, And her salvation as a lamp that burns.
Truly, in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, And from the multitude of mountains;
Truly, in the Lord our God Is the salvation of Israel.
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
“Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you;
He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.